Tuesday, January 17, 2006

There are different names for the same thing...

I guess I'm feeling really lonely so I'm going to dump my thoughts out.

I really miss Lexi, and Nikki never wrote back. I still have the postcard I was going to send her with the picture of the Mandelbrot Set and another one I got in Spain.

The Spain trip was great. It was awesome to hang out for so long with Nate and Joe. We began in Paris, where with a 10 hour layover (until our train) we got smashed on french wine, peed in the seine, got crepes and became annoying tourists, basically. Oh and drugs.

We took a sleeper train to Irun, in the Vasque Country which looked more like a slave ship imagine 7 people in little backbreaking cots in one tiny room). In the morning in Irun, we took a train to Madrid through the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen in my life. The best quote was Joe saying "I wish I could rub my face in those green fields and clean the city out of me."

We got to Madrid and lodged at Abe's house, who now goes by his middle name "Lev", and he took us around. Some interesting stories included a girl who wanted to have a threesome with me and Nate. That was hilarious, or at least I had alot of fun messing with her head and being flirtatious...
We went to Toledo, which was awesome. Finally, we discovered where the Fort Awesome Seal comes from!!!! it's the seal of the city of Toledo and the Royal crown of spain...
I got some beautiful gifts from toledo. A couple postcards and an embroidered necklace with a small dove handmade of gold for Lexi.

We met a friend of Abe's--Silvie--belgian girl who tried to get me into a really swank club (tried to get us all in, but I was her "date"), but I got rejected because I was wearing sport kicks...can you believe it??? I AM the epidemy of new york hipster fashion, right? (unless you count when I'm in school, as an engineer...sweatpants and white shirts). Anyway, then we tried to go to another swank club and their entry fee was...42 EUROS??? what the fuck??? quote Abe: "what do we get inside of the club for 42 euros? What's so special?" reply of the bouncer: "Nothing"

Silvie got really pissed for not going to the club, but she got over it...our joke for the next week was about the "nice shoes" policy in spanish clubs. wtf. Oh she sent an email about it the other day:
Sino que tal estas ? has bien aprovechado del viaje en Madrid ? Que tal al final con los campaneros de Lev ? Habeis pasado una noche en un hostal ? Habeis encuentrado chicas ? Habeis comprado zapatos ;-) (nooooooooo estoy de broma)Vale espero tener noticias de ti te mando Besos
Sylvie

When all of this happened and dawn broke, we got kicked out of Abe's by his sociopathic landlord. We hopped a train to Valencia and spent two days with my cousing JuanCa, and then took a train to Barcelona.

AWESOME CITY. How I love barcelona. We walked it up and down, so much I always conked at around midnight. We met a finnish girl who was very "aggreeable" in Barcelona, named Sunna Furman...Joe would say things like "I love new york cause it's full of new yorkers" and she'd always reply "yeeaah..."
We stayed in this little pension next to the marina, run by three really nice old men. They even helped us when Nate thought he had lost his Eurail. Oh, that was another story worth telling. Joe and Nate missed the trains to Paris, so we had to perform a quick turnaround maneuver and they ended up in the same train as me to Paris (we were taking separate routes for cheapness). They took me around Paris and I have to admit I like the city a little more now, but I still don't like it as much as New York or Barcelona...

Anyway, much ordeal and loss of money in a shitty hotel in Paris, we came back. Joe was deathly ill and puked twice the night before coming back. I woke up this morning and went to class, then to work, and now I'm all alone in the room. It feels weird not having anyone around...

Over and Out

2 Comments:

Blogger Sashu said...

it is very rude to use people's full names without their permission... if I were you I'd remove it.. before Blogger makes you ;)

1:41 AM  
Blogger Sashu said...

thank you.

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home