Thursday, December 29, 2005

Ok, I am a very curious person; some might even say that I am a stalker sometimes. Lexi would. She always thought that I wanted to control her every second of existence in the internet.
The background with Lexi is short, however incredible. We met through Lauren (mutual friend) but as in she gave us both our respective phone numbers. BAck then Columbia had a website named CuCommunity (fairly popular, I met an ex-gf there before lexi. Actually, that girl, Emily, met me at a party in one of the freshman dorms and took me to a computer and made me "friend her" in this website). So lexi tried contacting me through AIM and said "blahblah this is lexi, gimme a call I'm going out" and I unfortunately didn't call her on that day in May. Instead, after finals when I got back home one day I saw her pop up on my screen and I said "how's wyoming?" and that summer, even though we were both dating other people, we talked online every day for at least 4 hours. I finally met her in september and that was a year and a half ago...we dated every since. I dumped emily, she dumped ty, and we were in love.

Now she's gone, because she's graduating a semester early (I'm 2 years younger than her, a junior in college; she just finished her first semester of senior year (and last semester of college!).

So anyway, our relationship I guess has had that quirky start that very few people know (it's kind of awkward to say "I met my girlfriend in the internet").
I'm a very curious person and when they say that "curiosity killed..." they refer to me. This summer, knowing that Lexi was keeping a private livejournal, I googled it and found it and read it...she found out and it was really a nasty fight.

So, back to the present. now we are going to talk about Nikki. I met Nikki in a conference a couple months ago. We had dinner together and that was it in terms of personal contact, but when I got back I had a message from her in thefacebook quoting that Kenneth Koch poem saying "serious is for me that i met you, and serious is for you that you met me, and serious is the possibility that we will never see each other again, although time stretches terribly in between." I was frozen. We have talked to the same extent that i did with lexi and she's almost identical to me in so many ways. It's incredible--We're like parallel souls! I even asked her to come hang out with me in NYC for spring break, but...

a couple days ago I had a nightmare about her and I'm pretty sure it was about her hooking up with some friend of her she had told me about...and Actually, I think I'm wright. She's dating some guy named Ted who's a computer programmer (pff) and well, I'm left Lexi-less and Nikki-less...

So I got bored of waiting to send her an email about it, and googled her as well. Boy, the internet keeps the darkest secrets of people! I found out she had been annorexic a year ago and had a blog about it with some incredibly disturbing entries. It was so crazy. I also found that she had a profile in OkCupid (which is weird cause I always think of that site made for kids looking for a hookup, basically). Anyway, just strange. Oh and a site made by her when she was like 7, and some angsty teen poetry.

It's incredible the things you'll find. The other day I was googling myself and found the hacking Zine that i used to run when I was 14 years old! I slapped myself in the face seeing that.

and I wonder why I got a C+ in Thermo... :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home